Mason City Council has approved the distribution of $200,000 in Service Partnerships to be administered by the Mason Community Improvement Corporation that is intended to fuel recovery and future partnerships.
Purpose: This program is designed to provide up front support for small businesses with short term aid and facilitate an opportunity for a long-term service relationship with them. Qualifying businesses fit the categories that are traditionally retail and customer-facing.
Service Agreement: The City of Mason will offer a one-time payment of up to $1,000 for economic recovery purposes. At a later date, the City and small business owner will discuss opportunities for a mutually beneficial partnership in exchange for the $1,000 contribution. Options could include in-kind services, employee volunteer hours, cross-marketing, or businesses may recommend other creative options for partnership.
Application: The online application for the Mason Small Business Recovery Programs will be open June 1 through June 10 and are available through this website. Businesses are eligible to apply for all programs.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- The business shall be a current Mason business with a physical location within City of Mason limits.
- The business must be open to the public, or have been open to the public the week preceding Ohio’s Stay at Home Order, with regular business hours. (March 15, 2020, for food and beverage businesses and March 19, 2020, for other businesses.)
- The business should be a consumer-based, including retail or service establishments, such as those that rely on walk-in customer activity or appointments. Some examples include restaurants, salons/barbershops, retail shops, and breweries/bars.
- Corporate Franchisers not locally owned and independently operated are not eligible.
- The business shall be in compliance with all City Ordinances and in good standing with the City of Mason.
- The business shall have 50 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees or fewer.
- While not required at this time, the City reserves the right to request additional documentation to support information provided on this application and the request for assistance.
- A service agreement will be completed between the City and small business.
Thank you to all of the Mason small businesses who applied for the Service Agreement and Forgivable Loan Programs. The application period for both programs closed on Wednesday, June 10. Small Businesses in Mason still have the opportunity to sign up to be a participating location as part of the Come Together Mason E-Gift Card Program.